Tuesday, February 21, 2012

+---------Why the Police were Called --------+


"Let's Look at the Record"

On several occasions, including a Board Meeting, Vinnie and a resident declared that the previous administrations (Marty Glazer’s and mine) had received many requests for repair of the 305S balcony from the owners—and that those requests were ignored. 

When I was President I had all “Work Requests” by owners and employees listed on a spreadsheet.  A loose-leaf binder containing about thirty-five pages of “Work Slips” was left on the counter,although no new work slips had been added after I was no longer President. 

I didn’t recall a single request regarding balconies, and I knew nothing about the balconies in question. I wanted to look through the binder and find out whether there were any “work slips” or requests for repair on that unit.   "Let's look at the Record."  (A Florida orange to the first one to identify the source of that quote.)

Each of the thirty-five or so pages of the work request spread sheet has about thirty lines; so after reading a few pages I thought it would be better just to copy all the pages at Fed Ex. Then I could read it at my leisure at home.  I took the book, brought it to Fed Ex, copied all the pages, and returned it within an hour or two.
  
After I left with the binder Marie Abbott and Vinnie, called the police and alleged that I “stole” the book. It was one of four or five calls that they made to the police regarding Owners and Directors for various imagined or exaggerated infractions.  Police had never before been called to Southpoint by a President or an office worker.

Thus, at candidates’ night you heard Vinnie call me a “thief.”

Needless to say, there wasn’t a single item in the spreadsheets about those balconies. 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A few people have suggested topics for me to discuss or explain.  I want to thank them, and will get to each over the next few days.

.mike

Michael E Katz
Southpoint
Director 

954-563-0959
Katz8356@comcast.net


No comments:

Post a Comment